An analysis of Joe Biden’s “advise”
Several days ago in an interview with “Parents” [magazine], Joe Biden laid another one if his
fantastic idiotic Bidenisms on us. He told us this, “If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barred shotgun … and I promise you … if there’s ever a problem just walk out on the balcony here — walk out, put that double barrel shot gun and fire two blasts outside the house — I promise you whoever is coming in … You don’t need an AR-15, it’s harder to aim, it’s harder to use…Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!” saying it was the same advise he gave his wife, Jill Biden.
Well, this “advise” is just further proof that Joe Biden has no idea what he is talking about (this time, specifically, about guns.)
Here are several things that are WRONG with the advice he gave.
- If you are at home, and there is an/are intruder(s)/attacker(s) in or outside your home, do not give up a defendable, lockable, position that most likely has a home security system and easy access to a telephone. Do not go outside an make yourself an easy target.
- With a shotgun, you have to fumble around with shells to reload it, which is not ideal in a high pressure situation, especially now that you’ve just given up the “high ground”. With an AR-15 and a 30 round “high capacity” magazine, you have the potential, at least, to take out thirty attackers if you have good enough aim. (Don’t think thirty people will ever attack the same place? What about a major economic crisis? People go looting houses in mobs? Might just need more than seven bullets.)
- If an attacker or “problem-maker” is after you, they are most likely not going to stop after you shoot a round into the air. First of all, you now have to reload your shotgun (not better than an AR now, huh?), second, you have given up the “high ground” by coming out onto the porch, third, the “problem-maker” has a motive, and that motive is probably not going to go to the back burner until you lower his blood pressure a little bit, if you catch my drift.
- Shooting into the air often results in an injury, which very well could be of Mrs. Biden.
- In Delaware, you have to be in fear of your life to use deadly force. So it is illegal, and Mr. Biden’s scenario doesn’t indicate fear of one’s life being in danger. If Mrs. Biden had taken Joe’s advice, not only could she be charged with a felony, but also several misdemeanors, such as discharge of a firearm within 15 yards of a road.
So, Mr. Biden, please think before you speak.
Also, who says “blasts” when talking about guns? He should have said “rounds”.